Beer for breakfast is not an unheard of concept (to us at least!!) but have you ever had beer doughnuts (donuts?). We found this recipe on CraftBeer.com and thought it would be awesome to try it with our Sunset Amber Ale! Adding some sugar and some cinnamon to the top will give you a breakfast that ANY craft beer lover could get in to!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces Sunset Amber Ale*
- 4 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
- Start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and Sunset Amber Ale until well-blended.
- Drink remaining beer.
- Grease the donut pan with a generous amount of butter.
- Pour the liquid blend into the dry ingredients all at once, and mix just until blended (try to avoid over mixing, as it will make the donuts tough).
- Fill each donut form half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven in the middle rack for 9-12 minutes for regular size donuts (8-9 minutes for mini donuts).
- The donuts should not be browned on top.
- Remove pan from oven, let cool for a minute.
- Remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar and leftover cinnamon.
Let us know what you think! Do you have any fun beer recipes youʻd like to see on our site? Send them to email@example.com!
*Our cans come are 12 oz, this leaves you with almost an entire beer to drink… we recommend a split pack to get a nice variety on your palette!